Explore similar Bible verses on Romans 8:23 in English Standard Version
"And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies."
- Isa 25:9 It will be said on that day, “Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the Lord; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.”
- Lu 21:28 Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
- Ro 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
- Ro 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
- Ro 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
- 2Co 5:2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling,
- 2Co 5:4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
- 2Co 5:5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
- Ga 5:5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness.
- Jas 1:18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.