Explore similar Bible verses on Romans 3:20 in English Standard Version
"For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."
- Ps 143:2 Enter not into judgment with your servant, for no one living is righteous before you.
- Ac 13:39 and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses.
- Ro 4:15 For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.
- Ro 5:13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law.
- Ro 5:20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,
- Ro 7:7 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”
- Ga 2:16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.