Explore similar Bible verses on Psalm 40:4 in English Standard Version
"Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie!"
- Le 19:4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the Lord your God.
- De 29:18 Beware lest there be among you a man or woman or clan or tribe whose heart is turning away today from the Lord our God to go and serve the gods of those nations. Beware lest there be among you a root bearing poisonous and bitter fruit,
- Job 23:11 My foot has held fast to his steps; I have kept his way and have not turned aside.
- Ps 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
- Ps 101:3 I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.
- Ps 125:5 But those who turn aside to their crooked ways the Lord will lead away with evildoers! Peace be upon Israel!
- Ho 3:1 And the Lord said to me, “Go again, love a woman who is loved by another man and is an adulteress, even as the Lord loves the children of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love cakes of raisins.”