Explore similar Bible verses on Proverbs 5:4 in English Standard Version
"but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword."
- De 29:18 Beware lest there be among you a man or woman or clan or tribe whose heart is turning away today from the Lord our God to go and serve the gods of those nations. Beware lest there be among you a root bearing poisonous and bitter fruit,
- Ps 55:21 His speech was smooth as butter, yet war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.
- Ps 57:4 My soul is in the midst of lions; I lie down amid fiery beasts— the children of man, whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords.
- Ps 149:6 Let the high praises of God be in their throats and two-edged swords in their hands,
- Ec 7:26 And I find something more bitter than death: the woman whose heart is snares and nets, and whose hands are fetters. He who pleases God escapes her, but the sinner is taken by her.
- Jer 9:15 Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Behold, I will feed this people with bitter food, and give them poisonous water to drink.
- La 3:15 He has filled me with bitterness; he has sated me with wormwood.
- La 3:19 Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall!
- Re 8:11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter.