Explore similar Bible verses on Proverbs 29:23 in English Standard Version
"One’s pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor."
- 2Sa 22:28 You save a humble people, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them down.
- Pr 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.
- Pr 15:33 The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor.
- Pr 17:19 Whoever loves transgression loves strife; he who makes his door high seeks destruction.
- Pr 18:12 Before destruction a man’s heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
- Mt 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
- Jas 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”