Explore similar Bible verses on Micah 3:11 in English Standard Version
"Its heads give judgment for a bribe; its priests teach for a price; its prophets practice divination for money; yet they lean on the Lord and say, “Is not the Lord in the midst of us? No disaster shall come upon us.”"
- Isa 1:23 Your princes are rebels and companions of thieves. Everyone loves a bribe and runs after gifts. They do not bring justice to the fatherless, and the widow’s cause does not come to them.
- Isa 48:2 For they call themselves after the holy city, and stay themselves on the God of Israel; the Lord of hosts is his name.
- Jer 6:13 “For from the least to the greatest of them, everyone is greedy for unjust gain; and from prophet to priest, everyone deals falsely.
- Jer 7:4 Do not trust in these deceptive words: ‘This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord.’
- Jer 23:17 They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, ‘No disaster shall come upon you.’”
- Eze 22:25 The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured human lives; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst.
- Am 5:14 Seek good, and not evil, that you may live; and so the Lord, the God of hosts, will be with you, as you have said.
- Am 9:10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, who say, ‘Disaster shall not overtake or meet us.’
- Mic 3:5 Thus says the Lord concerning the prophets who lead my people astray, who cry “Peace” when they have something to eat, but declare war against him who puts nothing into their mouths.
- Mic 7:3 Their hands are on what is evil, to do it well; the prince and the judge ask for a bribe, and the great man utters the evil desire of his soul; thus they weave it together.