Explore similar Bible verses on Matthew 3:11 in English Standard Version
"“I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
- Isa 4:4 when the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion and cleansed the bloodstains of Jerusalem from its midst by a spirit of judgment and by a spirit of burning.
- Mal 3:2 But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap.
- Joh 1:15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”)
- Joh 1:26 John answered them, “I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do not know,
- Joh 1:27 even he who comes after me, the strap of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.”
- Joh 1:33 I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’
- Joh 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.”
- Ac 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
- Ac 2:3 And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them.
- Ac 11:16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
- Ac 13:24 Before his coming, John had proclaimed a baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.
- Ac 13:25 And as John was finishing his course, he said, ‘What do you suppose that I am? I am not he. No, but behold, after me one is coming, the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to untie.’
- Ac 19:4 And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”