Explore similar Bible verses on Matthew 27:39 in English Standard Version
"And those who passed by derided him, wagging their heads"
- Job 16:4 I also could speak as you do, if you were in my place; I could join words together against you and shake my head at you.
- Ps 22:7 All who see me mock me; they make mouths at me; they wag their heads;
- Ps 109:25 I am an object of scorn to my accusers; when they see me, they wag their heads.
- Isa 37:22 this is the word that the Lord has spoken concerning him: “‘She despises you, she scorns you— the virgin daughter of Zion; she wags her head behind you— the daughter of Jerusalem.
- Jer 18:16 making their land a horror, a thing to be hissed at forever. Everyone who passes by it is horrified and shakes his head.
- La 1:12 “Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow, which was brought upon me, which the Lord inflicted on the day of his fierce anger.
- La 2:15 All who pass along the way clap their hands at you; they hiss and wag their heads at the daughter of Jerusalem: “Is this the city that was called the perfection of beauty, the joy of all the earth?”
- Lu 22:65 And they said many other things against him, blaspheming him.
- Lu 23:39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!”
- Jas 2:7 Are they not the ones who blaspheme the honorable name by which you were called?