Explore similar Bible verses on Matthew 23:5 in English Standard Version
"They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long,"
- Ex 13:9 And it shall be to you as a sign on your hand and as a memorial between your eyes, that the law of the Lord may be in your mouth. For with a strong hand the Lord has brought you out of Egypt.
- De 6:8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
- De 11:18 “You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
- Mt 6:1 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
- Mt 6:16 “And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
- Mt 9:20 And behold, a woman who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment,
- Mt 23:1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples,
- Joh 5:44 How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?