Explore similar Bible verses on Matthew 23:35 in English Standard Version
"so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar."
- Ge 4:4 and Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat portions. And the Lord had regard for Abel and his offering,
- Ge 4:8 Cain spoke to Abel his brother. And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him.
- Ex 40:6 You shall set the altar of burnt offering before the door of the tabernacle of the tent of meeting,
- 2Ki 16:14 And the bronze altar that was before the Lord he removed from the front of the house, from the place between his altar and the house of the Lord, and put it on the north side of his altar.
- Eze 40:47 And he measured the court, a hundred cubits long and a hundred cubits broad, a square. And the altar was in front of the temple.
- Zec 1:1 In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, the word of the Lord came to the prophet Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, son of Iddo, saying,
- Lu 1:9 according to the custom of the priesthood, he was chosen by lot to enter the temple of the Lord and burn incense.
- Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which he was commended as righteous, God commending him by accepting his gifts. And through his faith, though he died, he still speaks.
- 1Jo 3:12 We should not be like Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother’s righteous.
- Re 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth.”