Explore similar Bible verses on Matthew 1:1 in English Standard Version
"The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham."
- Ge 22:18 and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.”
- 2Sa 7:12 When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.
- Ps 132:11 The Lord swore to David a sure oath from which he will not turn back: “One of the sons of your body I will set on your throne.
- Isa 11:1 There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.
- Jer 23:5 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
- Lu 1:32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David,
- Lu 1:69 and has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David,
- Lu 3:23 Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli,
- Joh 7:42 Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the offspring of David, and comes from Bethlehem, the village where David was?”
- Ac 2:30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne,
- Ac 13:23 Of this man’s offspring God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus, as he promised.
- Ro 1:3 concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh
- Ga 3:16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ.
- 2Ti 2:8 Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel,
- Re 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”