Explore similar Bible verses on Matthew 19:16 in English Standard Version
"And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”"
- Mt 18:8 And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.
- Mt 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.
- Mt 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
- Mr 10:17 And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
- Lu 10:25 And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
- Lu 18:18 And a ruler asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”