Explore similar Bible verses on Matthew 18:25 in English Standard Version
"And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made."
- Ex 21:2 When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing.
- Le 25:39 “If your brother becomes poor beside you and sells himself to you, you shall not make him serve as a slave:
- 2Ki 4:1 Now the wife of one of the sons of the prophets cried to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord, but the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves.”
- Ne 5:5 Now our flesh is as the flesh of our brothers, our children are as their children. Yet we are forcing our sons and our daughters to be slaves, and some of our daughters have already been enslaved, but it is not in our power to help it, for other men have our fields and our vineyards.”
- Lu 7:42 When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more?”