Explore similar Bible verses on Luke 20:20 in English Standard Version
"So they watched him and sent spies, who pretended to be sincere, that they might catch him in something he said, so as to deliver him up to the authority and jurisdiction of the governor."
- 1Ki 14:6 But when Ahijah heard the sound of her feet, as she came in at the door, he said, “Come in, wife of Jeroboam. Why do you pretend to be another? For I am charged with unbearable news for you.
- Mt 22:15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words.
- Mt 27:2 And they bound him and led him away and delivered him over to Pilate the governor.
- Mt 27:11 Now Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” Jesus said, “You have said so.”
- Mt 28:14 And if this comes to the governor’s ears, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.”
- Mr 3:2 And they watched Jesus, to see whether he would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him.
- Mr 12:13 And they sent to him some of the Pharisees and some of the Herodians, to trap him in his talk.
- Lu 11:54 lying in wait for him, to catch him in something he might say.
- Lu 14:1 One Sabbath, when he went to dine at the house of a ruler of the Pharisees, they were watching him carefully.
- Lu 20:26 And they were not able in the presence of the people to catch him in what he said, but marveling at his answer they became silent.
- Ac 23:24 Also provide mounts for Paul to ride and bring him safely to Felix the governor.”