Explore similar Bible verses on Luke 1:9 in English Standard Version
"according to the custom of the priesthood, he was chosen by lot to enter the temple of the Lord and burn incense."
- Ex 30:7 And Aaron shall burn fragrant incense on it. Every morning when he dresses the lamps he shall burn it,
- 1Sa 2:28 Did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to go up to my altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? I gave to the house of your father all my offerings by fire from the people of Israel.
- 1Ch 23:13 The sons of Amram: Aaron and Moses. Aaron was set apart to dedicate the most holy things, that he and his sons forever should make offerings before the Lord and minister to him and pronounce blessings in his name forever.
- 2Ch 29:11 My sons, do not now be negligent, for the Lord has chosen you to stand in his presence, to minister to him and to be his ministers and make offerings to him.”
- Lu 1:21 And the people were waiting for Zechariah, and they were wondering at his delay in the temple.
- Heb 9:2 For a tent was prepared, the first section, in which were the lampstand and the table and the bread of the Presence. It is called the Holy Place.
- Re 11:2 but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.
- Re 11:19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.