Explore similar Bible verses on Luke 1:15 in English Standard Version
"for he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb."
- Nu 6:3 he shall separate himself from wine and strong drink. He shall drink no vinegar made from wine or strong drink and shall not drink any juice of grapes or eat grapes, fresh or dried.
- Jud 13:4 Therefore be careful and drink no wine or strong drink, and eat nothing unclean,
- Jud 13:7 but he said to me, ‘Behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. So then drink no wine or strong drink, and eat nothing unclean, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb to the day of his death.’”
- Jud 13:14 She may not eat of anything that comes from the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, or eat any unclean thing. All that I commanded her let her observe.”
- Isa 49:1 Listen to me, O coastlands, and give attention, you peoples from afar. The Lord called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name.
- Isa 49:5 And now the Lord says, he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him; and that Israel might be gathered to him— for I am honored in the eyes of the Lord, and my God has become my strength—
- Jer 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
- Mt 11:11 Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
- Mt 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’
- Lu 1:41 And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit,
- Lu 1:67 And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied, saying,
- Lu 7:28 I tell you, among those born of women none is greater than John. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”
- Lu 7:33 For John the Baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’
- Ac 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.
- Ac 2:15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day.
- Ac 2:17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;
- Ga 1:15 But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace,
- Eph 5:18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,