Explore similar Bible verses on Luke 18:9 in English Standard Version
"He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt:"
- Pr 30:12 There are those who are clean in their own eyes but are not washed of their filth.
- Isa 65:5 who say, “Keep to yourself, do not come near me, for I am too holy for you.” These are a smoke in my nostrils, a fire that burns all the day.
- Mt 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Lu 16:15 And he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
- Joh 7:48 Have any of the authorities or the Pharisees believed in him?
- 2Co 1:9 Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.