Explore similar Bible verses on Luke 12:20 in English Standard Version
"But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’"
- Job 27:8 For what is the hope of the godless when God cuts him off, when God takes away his life?
- Job 27:17 he may pile it up, but the righteous will wear it, and the innocent will divide the silver.
- Ps 39:6 Surely a man goes about as a shadow! Surely for nothing they are in turmoil; man heaps up wealth and does not know who will gather!
- Ec 2:18 I hated all my toil in which I toil under the sun, seeing that I must leave it to the man who will come after me,
- Ec 2:21 because sometimes a person who has toiled with wisdom and knowledge and skill must leave everything to be enjoyed by someone who did not toil for it. This also is vanity and a great evil.
- Jer 17:11 Like the partridge that gathers a brood that she did not hatch, so is he who gets riches but not by justice; in the midst of his days they will leave him, and at his end he will be a fool.
- Mt 16:26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
- Lu 12:19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’