Explore similar Bible verses on Luke 11:54 in English Standard Version
"lying in wait for him, to catch him in something he might say."
- Isa 29:21 who by a word make a man out to be an offender, and lay a snare for him who reproves in the gate, and with an empty plea turn aside him who is in the right.
- Mt 22:15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words.
- Mr 3:2 And they watched Jesus, to see whether he would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him.
- Mr 12:13 And they sent to him some of the Pharisees and some of the Herodians, to trap him in his talk.
- Lu 20:20 So they watched him and sent spies, who pretended to be sincere, that they might catch him in something he said, so as to deliver him up to the authority and jurisdiction of the governor.
- Joh 8:6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground.