Explore similar Bible verses on Leviticus 25:39 in English Standard Version
"“If your brother becomes poor beside you and sells himself to you, you shall not make him serve as a slave:"
- Ex 21:2 When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing.
- De 15:12 “If your brother, a Hebrew man or a Hebrew woman, is sold to you, he shall serve you six years, and in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you.
- 1Ki 9:22 But of the people of Israel Solomon made no slaves. They were the soldiers, they were his officials, his commanders, his captains, his chariot commanders and his horsemen.
- 2Ki 4:1 Now the wife of one of the sons of the prophets cried to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord, but the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves.”
- Ne 5:5 Now our flesh is as the flesh of our brothers, our children are as their children. Yet we are forcing our sons and our daughters to be slaves, and some of our daughters have already been enslaved, but it is not in our power to help it, for other men have our fields and our vineyards.”