Explore similar Bible verses on Leviticus 19:28 in English Standard Version
"You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord."
- Le 21:1 And the Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the priests, the sons of Aaron, and say to them, No one shall make himself unclean for the dead among his people,
- Le 21:4 He shall not make himself unclean as a husband among his people and so profane himself.
- De 14:1 “You are the sons of the Lord your God. You shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead.
- 1Ki 18:28 And they cried aloud and cut themselves after their custom with swords and lances, until the blood gushed out upon them.
- Jer 16:6 Both great and small shall die in this land. They shall not be buried, and no one shall lament for them or cut himself or make himself bald for them.
- Jer 41:5 eighty men arrived from Shechem and Shiloh and Samaria, with their beards shaved and their clothes torn, and their bodies gashed, bringing grain offerings and incense to present at the temple of the Lord.
- Jer 47:5 Baldness has come upon Gaza; Ashkelon has perished. O remnant of their valley, how long will you gash yourselves?
- Jer 48:37 “For every head is shaved and every beard cut off. On all the hands are gashes, and around the waist is sackcloth.