Explore similar Bible verses on Lamentations 2:5 in English Standard Version
"The Lord has become like an enemy; he has swallowed up Israel; he has swallowed up all its palaces; he has laid in ruins its strongholds, and he has multiplied in the daughter of Judah mourning and lamentation."
- 2Ki 25:9 And he burned the house of the Lord and the king’s house and all the houses of Jerusalem; every great house he burned down.
- Ps 35:25 Let them not say in their hearts, “Aha, our heart’s desire!” Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”
- Ps 56:2 my enemies trample on me all day long, for many attack me proudly.
- Isa 29:2 Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be moaning and lamentation, and she shall be to me like an Ariel.
- La 2:4 He has bent his bow like an enemy, with his right hand set like a foe; and he has killed all who were delightful in our eyes in the tent of the daughter of Zion; he has poured out his fury like fire.
- La 2:16 All your enemies rail against you; they hiss, they gnash their teeth, they cry: “We have swallowed her! Ah, this is the day we longed for; now we have it; we see it!”
- Eze 36:3 therefore prophesy, and say, Thus says the Lord God: Precisely because they made you desolate and crushed you from all sides, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you became the talk and evil gossip of the people,