Explore similar Bible verses on Lamentations 1:11 in English Standard Version
"All her people groan as they search for bread; they trade their treasures for food to revive their strength. “Look, O Lord, and see, for I am despised.”"
- Jer 38:9 “My lord the king, these men have done evil in all that they did to Jeremiah the prophet by casting him into the cistern, and he will die there of hunger, for there is no bread left in the city.”
- Jer 52:6 On the ninth day of the fourth month the famine was so severe in the city that there was no food for the people of the land.
- La 1:8 Jerusalem sinned grievously; therefore she became filthy; all who honored her despise her, for they have seen her nakedness; she herself groans and turns her face away.
- La 1:10 The enemy has stretched out his hands over all her precious things; for she has seen the nations enter her sanctuary, those whom you forbade to enter your congregation.
- La 1:19 “I called to my lovers, but they deceived me; my priests and elders perished in the city, while they sought food to revive their strength.
- La 2:12 They cry to their mothers, “Where is bread and wine?” as they faint like a wounded man in the streets of the city, as their life is poured out on their mothers’ bosom.
- La 4:4 The tongue of the nursing infant sticks to the roof of its mouth for thirst; the children beg for food, but no one gives to them.