Explore similar Bible verses on John 8:42 in English Standard Version
"Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me."
- Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
- Joh 7:28 So Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, “You know me, and you know where I come from. But I have not come of my own accord. He who sent me is true, and him you do not know.
- Joh 16:28 I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father.”
- Joh 17:8 For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.
- Heb 10:9 then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second.
- 1Jo 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him.
- 1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.