Explore similar Bible verses on John 7:42 in English Standard Version
"Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the offspring of David, and comes from Bethlehem, the village where David was?”"
- 1Sa 16:1 The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you grieve over Saul, since I have rejected him from being king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil, and go. I will send you to Jesse the Bethlehemite, for I have provided for myself a king among his sons.”
- Ps 89:3 You have said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one; I have sworn to David my servant:
- Mic 5:2 But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.
- Mt 1:1 The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
- Mt 2:1 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the east came to Jerusalem,
- Mt 2:5 They told him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for so it is written by the prophet:
- Lu 2:4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the town of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David,