Explore similar Bible verses on John 19:40 in English Standard Version
"So they took the body of Jesus and bound it in linen cloths with the spices, as is the burial custom of the Jews."
- 2Ch 16:14 They buried him in the tomb that he had cut for himself in the city of David. They laid him on a bier that had been filled with various kinds of spices prepared by the perfumer’s art, and they made a very great fire in his honor.
- Lu 24:12 But Peter rose and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen cloths by themselves; and he went home marveling at what had happened.
- Joh 11:44 The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.”
- Joh 20:5 And stooping to look in, he saw the linen cloths lying there, but he did not go in.
- Ac 5:6 The young men rose and wrapped him up and carried him out and buried him.