Explore similar Bible verses on Job 22:29 in English Standard Version
"For when they are humbled you say, ‘It is because of pride’; but he saves the lowly."
- Ps 138:6 For though the Lord is high, he regards the lowly, but the haughty he knows from afar.
- Pr 3:34 Toward the scorners he is scornful, but to the humble he gives favor.
- Pr 29:23 One’s pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor.
- Mt 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
- Lu 1:52 he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate;
- Jas 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
- 1Pe 5:5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”