Explore similar Bible verses on Jeremiah 51:58 in English Standard Version
"“Thus says the Lord of hosts: The broad wall of Babylon shall be leveled to the ground, and her high gates shall be burned with fire. The peoples labor for nothing, and the nations weary themselves only for fire.”"
- Isa 45:2 “I will go before you and level the exalted places, I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut through the bars of iron,
- Jer 50:15 Raise a shout against her all around; she has surrendered; her bulwarks have fallen; her walls are thrown down. For this is the vengeance of the Lord: take vengeance on her; do to her as she has done.
- Jer 51:44 And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and take out of his mouth what he has swallowed. The nations shall no longer flow to him; the wall of Babylon has fallen.
- Jer 51:64 and say, ‘Thus shall Babylon sink, to rise no more, because of the disaster that I am bringing upon her, and they shall become exhausted.’” Thus far are the words of Jeremiah.
- Hab 2:13 Behold, is it not from the Lord of hosts that peoples labor merely for fire, and nations weary themselves for nothing?