Explore similar Bible verses on Jeremiah 4:8 in English Standard Version
"For this put on sackcloth, lament and wail, for the fierce anger of the Lord has not turned back from us.”"
- Nu 25:4 And the Lord said to Moses, “Take all the chiefs of the people and hang them in the sun before the Lord, that the fierce anger of the Lord may turn away from Israel.”
- Ps 78:49 He let loose on them his burning anger, wrath, indignation, and distress, a company of destroying angels.
- Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it.
- Isa 22:12 In that day the Lord God of hosts called for weeping and mourning, for baldness and wearing sackcloth;
- Isa 32:11 Tremble, you women who are at ease, shudder, you complacent ones; strip, and make yourselves bare, and tie sackcloth around your waist.
- Jer 6:26 O daughter of my people, put on sackcloth, and roll in ashes; make mourning as for an only son, most bitter lamentation, for suddenly the destroyer will come upon us.