Explore similar Bible verses on Jeremiah 3:8 in English Standard Version
"She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce. Yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the whore."
- De 24:1 “When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house,
- 2Ki 17:18 Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them out of his sight. None was left but the tribe of Judah only.
- Jer 3:1 “If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the whore with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares the Lord.
- Eze 23:11 “Her sister Oholibah saw this, and she became more corrupt than her sister in her lust and in her whoring, which was worse than that of her sister.
- Ho 1:6 She conceived again and bore a daughter. And the Lord said to him, “Call her name No Mercy, for I will no more have mercy on the house of Israel, to forgive them at all.
- Ho 1:9 And the Lord said, “Call his name Not My People, for you are not my people, and I am not your God.”
- Mt 19:7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?”
- Mr 10:4 They said, “Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to send her away.”