Explore similar Bible verses on Hebrews 12:19 in English Standard Version
"and the sound of a trumpet and a voice whose words made the hearers beg that no further messages be spoken to them."
- Ex 19:16 On the morning of the third day there were thunders and lightnings and a thick cloud on the mountain and a very loud trumpet blast, so that all the people in the camp trembled.
- Ex 19:19 And as the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him in thunder.
- Ex 20:19 and said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, lest we die.”
- De 5:5 while I stood between the Lord and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the Lord. For you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up into the mountain. He said:
- De 18:16 just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.’