Explore similar Bible verses on Genesis 1:9 in English Standard Version
"And God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear.” And it was so."
- Job 38:8 “Or who shut in the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb,
- Ps 33:7 He gathers the waters of the sea as a heap; he puts the deeps in storehouses.
- Ps 136:6 to him who spread out the earth above the waters, for his steadfast love endures forever;
- Jer 5:22 Do you not fear me? declares the Lord. Do you not tremble before me? I placed the sand as the boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail; though they roar, they cannot pass over it.
- 2Pe 3:5 For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God,