Explore similar Bible verses on Genesis 1:26 in English Standard Version
"Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”"
- Ge 3:22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”
- Ge 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God.
- Ge 9:2 The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered.
- Ge 9:6 “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.
- Ge 11:7 Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another’s speech.”
- Ps 8:6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet,
- Isa 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
- 1Co 11:7 For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.
- Eph 4:24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.
- Col 3:10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.
- Jas 3:7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind,
- Jas 3:9 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God.