Explore similar Bible verses on Genesis 1:1 in English Standard Version
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."
- Job 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
- Ps 33:6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host.
- Ps 136:5 to him who by understanding made the heavens, for his steadfast love endures forever;
- Isa 42:5 Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:
- Isa 45:18 For thus says the Lord, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!): “I am the Lord, and there is no other.
- Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Ac 14:15 “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men, of like nature with you, and we bring you good news, that you should turn from these vain things to a living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them.
- Ac 17:24 The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man,
- Col 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
- Heb 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;
- Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
- Re 4:11 “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”