Explore similar Bible verses on Exodus 20:17 in English Standard Version
"“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.”"
- Jer 5:8 They were well-fed, lusty stallions, each neighing for his neighbor’s wife.
- Mic 2:2 They covet fields and seize them, and houses, and take them away; they oppress a man and his house, a man and his inheritance.
- Mt 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Lu 12:15 And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”
- Ro 7:7 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”
- Ro 13:9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Eph 5:3 But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.
- Eph 5:5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
- Col 3:5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
- Heb 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”