Explore similar Bible verses on Ecclesiastes 9:5 in English Standard Version
"For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten."
- Job 14:21 His sons come to honor, and he does not know it; they are brought low, and he perceives it not.
- Ps 31:12 I have been forgotten like one who is dead; I have become like a broken vessel.
- Ps 88:5 like one set loose among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, like those whom you remember no more, for they are cut off from your hand.
- Ps 88:12 Are your wonders known in the darkness, or your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
- Ec 1:11 There is no remembrance of former things, nor will there be any remembrance of later things yet to be among those who come after.
- Ec 8:10 Then I saw the wicked buried. They used to go in and out of the holy place and were praised in the city where they had done such things. This also is vanity.
- Isa 26:14 They are dead, they will not live; they are shades, they will not arise; to that end you have visited them with destruction and wiped out all remembrance of them.