Explore similar Bible verses on Ecclesiastes 9:12 in English Standard Version
"For man does not know his time. Like fish that are taken in an evil net, and like birds that are caught in a snare, so the children of man are snared at an evil time, when it suddenly falls upon them."
- Pr 7:23 till an arrow pierces its liver; as a bird rushes into a snare; he does not know that it will cost him his life.
- Pr 29:6 An evil man is ensnared in his transgression, but a righteous man sings and rejoices.
- Ec 8:7 For he does not know what is to be, for who can tell him how it will be?
- Eze 12:13 And I will spread my net over him, and he shall be taken in my snare. And I will bring him to Babylon, the land of the Chaldeans, yet he shall not see it, and he shall die there.
- Ho 7:12 As they go, I will spread over them my net; I will bring them down like birds of the heavens; I will discipline them according to the report made to their congregation.
- Lu 21:34 “But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.
- 1Th 5:3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.