Explore similar Bible verses on Ecclesiastes 6:12 in English Standard Version
"For who knows what is good for man while he lives the few days of his vain life, which he passes like a shadow? For who can tell man what will be after him under the sun?"
- Job 14:2 He comes out like a flower and withers; he flees like a shadow and continues not.
- Ec 2:18 I hated all my toil in which I toil under the sun, seeing that I must leave it to the man who will come after me,
- Ec 3:22 So I saw that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his work, for that is his lot. Who can bring him to see what will be after him?
- Ec 7:15 In my vain life I have seen everything. There is a righteous man who perishes in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man who prolongs his life in his evildoing.
- Ec 8:13 But it will not be well with the wicked, neither will he prolong his days like a shadow, because he does not fear before God.
- Ec 9:9 Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that he has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun.