Explore similar Bible verses on Deuteronomy 4:33 in English Standard Version
"Did any people ever hear the voice of a god speaking out of the midst of the fire, as you have heard, and still live?"
- Ge 32:30 So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying, “For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”
- Ex 3:6 And he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.
- Ex 19:21 And the Lord said to Moses, “Go down and warn the people, lest they break through to the Lord to look and many of them perish.
- Ex 24:11 And he did not lay his hand on the chief men of the people of Israel; they beheld God, and ate and drank.
- Ex 33:20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”
- Ex 33:23 Then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back, but my face shall not be seen.”
- De 4:12 Then the Lord spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of words, but saw no form; there was only a voice.
- De 5:24 And you said, ‘Behold, the Lord our God has shown us his glory and greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire. This day we have seen God speak with man, and man still live.
- De 5:26 For who is there of all flesh, that has heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of fire as we have, and has still lived?
- Jud 6:22 Then Gideon perceived that he was the angel of the Lord. And Gideon said, “Alas, O Lord God! For now I have seen the angel of the Lord face to face.”
- Jud 13:22 And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, for we have seen God.”