Explore similar Bible verses on 2 Samuel 15:12 in English Standard Version
"And while Absalom was offering the sacrifices, he sent for Ahithophel the Gilonite, David’s counselor, from his city Giloh. And the conspiracy grew strong, and the people with Absalom kept increasing."
- Jos 15:51 Goshen, Holon, and Giloh: eleven cities with their villages.
- 2Sa 15:31 And it was told David, “Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom.” And David said, “O Lord, please turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness.”
- 2Sa 16:20 Then Absalom said to Ahithophel, “Give your counsel. What shall we do?”
- 2Sa 17:1 Moreover, Ahithophel said to Absalom, “Let me choose twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue David tonight.
- 2Sa 17:14 And Absalom and all the men of Israel said, “The counsel of Hushai the Archite is better than the counsel of Ahithophel.” For the Lord had ordained to defeat the good counsel of Ahithophel, so that the Lord might bring harm upon Absalom.
- 2Sa 17:23 When Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his donkey and went off home to his own city. He set his house in order and hanged himself, and he died and was buried in the tomb of his father.
- 1Ch 27:33 Ahithophel was the king’s counselor, and Hushai the Archite was the king’s friend.
- Ps 3:1 A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son. O Lord, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me;
- Ps 41:9 Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me.
- Ps 55:12 For it is not an enemy who taunts me— then I could bear it; it is not an adversary who deals insolently with me— then I could hide from him.