Explore similar Bible verses on 2 Kings 23:24 in English Standard Version
"Moreover, Josiah put away the mediums and the necromancers and the household gods and the idols and all the abominations that were seen in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, that he might establish the words of the law that were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord."
- Ge 31:19 Laban had gone to shear his sheep, and Rachel stole her father’s household gods.
- Le 19:31 “Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.
- Le 20:27 “A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”
- De 18:11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead,
- 2Ki 21:6 And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
- 2Ki 21:11 “Because Manasseh king of Judah has committed these abominations and has done things more evil than all that the Amorites did, who were before him, and has made Judah also to sin with his idols,
- 2Ki 21:21 He walked in all the way in which his father walked and served the idols that his father served and worshiped them.
- 2Ki 22:8 And Hilkiah the high priest said to Shaphan the secretary, “I have found the Book of the Law in the house of the Lord.” And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.