Explore similar Bible verses on Job 2:8 in English Standard Version
"And he took a piece of broken pottery with which to scrape himself while he sat in the ashes."
- Job 41:30 His underparts are like sharp potsherds; he spreads himself like a threshing sledge on the mire.
- Job 42:6 therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”
- Eze 27:30 and shout aloud over you and cry out bitterly. They cast dust on their heads and wallow in ashes;
- Jon 3:6 The word reached the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, removed his robe, covered himself with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
- Mt 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.